Monday, September 6, 2021

In the Beginning: Eastern Sierra Vista Observatory

 Hi, all !

Welcome to my new blog for my new observatory site in eastern Sierra Vista, Arizona which is about 80 miles southeast of Tucson, Arizona.

For years I have wanted to have an unobstructed view of the southern skies after living in La Pine, Oregon where my southern view was obstructed by a neighbor's 60 foot tall pine trees! Now that I have retired from full time pastoral ministry we were able to make the move in late May, 2021.

Now I have to build a whole new control room and telescope observatory.

Let the project begin!

My southern horizon now!
The first thing I had to deal with is the fact that there can be some pretty fierce winds when thunderstorms roll through so I have to rethink of how I plan to deal with it... not to mention that there are some strong downpours when it does rain... and that coupled with the high winds is a challenge. Stay tuned!

So initially you will find photos of the process on this blog but by the end of September, 2021 I hope to begin posting my astrophotography
from this new location!

Be sure to bookmark this page and check in once in a while!

By the way, my old blog is still up and maybe you will find some useful info there... until Google decides to delete it for non-activity. It is located at:

https://lapineobservatory.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Solar Imaging... night imaging to come!

  Taken with a monochrome 5 megapixel camera on an 8" SCT Meade LX200GPS with a Baader solar filter and a 2X Barlow len.s Of these two ...